[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on WS-Naming (ref by strawman)

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 20 05:21:07 CDT 2009

Hi Aleksandr,

>-IMO the real question is what such EPRs may be used for. If they planned
as
>-replacements for URLs and *full* such EPR is going to be put into
>-every SOAP header then I would vote strongly against. But if such EPR is
just a way
>-to describe service (same as corresponding section in Glue
>-document) and are ony meant to be used in some kind of information
system/port
>-then why not.

Just for clarification: With URLs you refer to the wsa:To element of
WS-Addressing correct? If so, they are of course in any SOAP message - or I
didn't get your point.

Also, if it would be only to put into a kind of information system I would
vote for crunching the EPR in elements that can be probably better searched
for by an query instead of putting information into EPR.

Here, WS-Naming, provides basically a name of a service while its EPR might
change over time (renewable reference). Also the document refers to
trackability of messages once you use WS-Naming (e.g. UUID dependency) - so
I expect that this information of WS-Naming EPR additions should be part of
any SOAP message. But that's only my interpretation from the document.

Q: Can we agree that each functional service in the EPR space such as
OGSA-BES are contacted with an pure EPR using URIs? We don't consider
accessing a BESService simply with an URI - or do we?  I would not vote for
that.

Take care,
Morris

Bottom line: