[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on WS-Naming (ref by strawman)

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Fri Mar 20 04:29:26 CDT 2009

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de wrote:
[...]
> # (A) Which middleware platform is adopting it currently and has
> precise plans to adopt it in the near future. We can list for now
> GENESIS-II adopting it while I know that UNICORE does not and has no
> precise plans for it now - what about others like gLite, ARC, or
> NAREGI?

Hi all,

as far as I know, iEPRs are not currently used in gLite (for sure they
are not currently used in the job management components). I am aware of
no specific short-to-medium term plans to support them.

Nevertheless, I think that Secure Addressing is a nice solution to the
problem of advertising the security profile adopted by an endpoint. As
Aleksandr correctly points out, if EPRs are not going to be used as
complete replacements of URIs (in which case major modifications to most
of middleware components would be required, and that would be very
problematic), I support the idea of using a limited form of EPRs. As I
explained in an earlier mail, "limited" here means that the PGI profile
shall precisely described in a self-contained way the minimum set of EPR
elements which must be supported by conforming inplementations.

Moreno.

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy