[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on supported Attribute Authority Interfaces

Duane Merrill dgm4d at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 19 09:05:00 CDT 2009

> ### Possible scenarios

E.  A user (or agent service) is in possession of statically-assigned
credentials (an identity + zero-or-more attributes).

> ### Possible conclusion:
>
> A. We only reference in our profile possible ways of retrieving either ACs
> or SAML assertions (e.g. by pointing to the SAML-request document that is
> in
> public comment currently as mentioned earlier). We do not intend to profile
> how exactly a user gets its attributes.
>
> B. If we agree on A - we indirectly agree on attribute push since in the
> attribute pull mode - for interoperability reasons - the interface of
> getting attributes must be known so that the middleware can contact it on
> behalf of the user!
>
> C. We deal with RFC ACs
>
> D. We deal with SAML assertions
>
> E. We only consider C+D in the first iteration of the profile

We would prefer to begin with A (which implies B).  We can always layer an
agreement for attribute/token aquisition at a later date if the world
demands a pull-style mode.

-Duane