[Pgi-wg] Definition of a Production Grid

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Tue Mar 17 09:37:41 CDT 2009

Hi Laurence,

thanks for this mail; what you describe for EGEE is perfectly valid for
NDGF and other ARC-based grids. I would still argue that X509 and VOMS
are mere implementation details, but even these are common for these two
kinds of grids.

I do not allude that other kinds of grids do not belong to PGI; however,
we clearly can not provide on a short time scale a single recipe for all
possible setups. Let's take one step at a time, in the good tradition of
low-hanging fruits of GIN :-)

Cheers,
Oxana