[Pgi-wg] modified plan for jobmanagement discussions

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Mon Mar 16 12:00:28 CDT 2009

Hi,

> It seems a great shame now that someone has finally volunteered to move
> forward on this to stop the work... having the call so that everyone can
> understand what the issues are (i.e. those that weren't at the original
> CERN meeting) would seem to be worthwhile use of the call.

some non-technical comments:

Like I wrote in my earlier comment, I'm not sure this Wednesday
initiative is a move *forward* - rather, sideways, but it is difficult
for me to judge from the very brief minutes.

Let me explain: I was at the famous CERN meeting, and went home quite
elated, as I finally saw a group speaking in practical terms and
tackling real-life problems, instead of venturing into yet another
academic decomposition into spherically symmetric horses. The documents
produced back then were pretty raw and in places unintelligible, but
promising. I saw PGI as the proper framework to make these documents
developing into practical implementations. And I am saddened to see it
getting bloated, bogged in formalities and tormented by various split
attempts.

It is very unfortunate that the last Friday call was first announced as
canceled and then went ahead - this prevented many relevant people from
taking part in it. I thus would not regard results of last Friday
meeting as anything that has wide implications without further
clarifications.

And on a slightly more technical part, I received no comments on the Use
case; shall I upload it to Wiki, and if yes - where?

Cheers,
Oxana