[Pgi-wg] modified plan for jobmanagement discussions

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Mon Mar 16 10:33:53 CDT 2009

David Wallom wrote:
> Hi Moreno,
>
> Currently I am still confused, are you (PGI co-chairs) suggesting that we
> need a completely new spec or just a document that gives an outline of where
> the currently specifications are deficient??

The starting point is the second one you mention: deciding whether these
deficiencies (motivated by actual requirements from production grids
infrastructures) can be filled with brand new specifications/profiles,
or using a suitable combination of existing specifications/profiles (or
a mix of the two approaches) will follow.

I have the following three steps in mind: 1) gather the "original" set
of requirements which motivated the creation of the PGI WG. These were
the requirements implied in the CERN meeting notes, which are hard to
understand in their current form; 2) the original set of requirements is
integrated with additional inputs coming from the other PGI
participants; 3) starting from that, we can decide whether a combination
of existing specifications/profiles can satisfy these requirements, or
new profiles or brand new specifications are needed instead.

Moreno.

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy