[Pgi-wg] Preparation for Security PGI TelCon on Friday 2009-03-20

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 13 12:53:14 CDT 2009

To all PGI security experts,

  we today again confirmed to have a telcon on...

Friday, 2009-03-20, 4 p.m. CET, as agreed on in Catania

... discussing our security elements related to the different profiles we aim to define.

In order to prepare accordingly, I propose that each production infrastructure nominates (at least) one person that reviews the 0.3 version of the security strawman document that is available under Gridforge related to the security aspects:

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.pgi-wg/docman.root.drafts/doc15575

The nominated person in this context should participate in the telcon and being ready to discuss the security topic in general and the profiles from their respective infrastructure point of view in particular.

As a side-remark, I would like to remind members of the group to our PGI mandate. Please note that we don't standardize elements of security that are not yet in production (or very soon in production) such as huge upcoming security architectures that may be deployed on a long-term perspective only. This can be done by other security groups within OGF since it does not support our GIN-based idea of having a short-term to mid-term interoperability between production Grids.

I would like to chair this session if no one disagrees with that. The telcon numbers will be the same as usual.

In parallel I would like to start a discussion thread per email about the strawman to get some thoughts on the list discussed beforehand - otherwise I fear the telcon will take much longer than one hour only.

Your co-chair,
Morris

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt