[Pgi-wg] Preparation for Computation PGI TelCon on Wednesday 2009-03-18

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 13 12:29:56 CDT 2009

To all PGI computation experts,

  we today agreed to have a telcon on...

Wednesday, 2009-03-13, 4 p.m. CET

... discuss our computation elements related to missing links/refinements/tunings of OGSA-BES & JSDL et al.

In order to prepare accordingly, I propose that each production infrastructure nominates (at least) one person that review the documents that are available under Gridforge related to the computation aspects:

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/listDocuments/projects.pgi-wg/docman.root.input_documents.transferred

We also get a summary of these documents before Wednesday hopefully by the UoVirginia team, but if not please have a look on the ones within GridForge.

The nominated person in this context should participate in the telcon and being ready to discuss the computation topic in general and the issues with the specifications from their respective infrastructure point of view in particular.

Andrew kindly volunteered to chair this session, but if others are interested they might chair the session as well.

Therefore, Andrew, please provide us with the telcon numbers of this session and with a particular agenda.

Thanks so much,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt