[Pgi-wg] PGI TelCon Today - 4 p.m. CET - OGF25 Debrief and Non technical telcon

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 13 07:09:29 CDT 2009

Hi PGI team,

  although I got confirmation that many people might not able to join the telcon today, I would still like to try to gather some feedback at this telcon.

So we don't have a technical telcon today - only thoughts about OGF25 and feedback about the process as this is equally important.

The teleconference is going to start at the usual time (4:00 PM CET).

Call-in details as follow:

via Skype call +9900827049931906 (free of charge) ordinary phone numbers (local rates) with the 9931906 conference number:

Austria 0820 401 15470
Belgium 0703 57 134
France 0826 109 071
Germany +49 (0) 180 500 9527
Switzerland 0848 560 397

Agenda:

(1)
OGF25 Summarizing shortly our sessions, going through the minutes on GridForge

(2)
Addressing Comments: Liasons with other working groups: SRM, JSDL, BES, etc.
Suggestions:
SRM -> Alex Sim
JSDL -> Donal Fellows
OGSA-BES -> Andrew GrimShaw/Steven Newhouse
Security -> David Groep

(3)
Addressing Comments: (possible) Prioritization to focus efforts:
(i)
Clearly security breaks everything - so lets foster security
(ii)
bes/glue then
(iii)
data issues

(5)
Addressing Comments: Possible slit-up to sub-groups following the different priorizations in subgroups (initially disagreement, but now on the table again)

(6)
Addressing Comments: production Grids and driving forces of PGI (small fish vs. big fish), manpower issues versus production Grids and campus Grids

(7)
Other comments by participants of the TelCon

(8)
AOB

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt