[Pgi-wg] No PGI TelCon today

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jul 30 02:10:52 CDT 2009

Hi,

>- I'm sure this was a mistake...

Well, recalling the significant participation in the group (e.g. phone calls, OGF sessions) from the last six month we clearly identified ARC, gLite, UNICORE, GENESIS, & EDGES (i.e. a certain amount of technologies) as the 'interested active parties' while other mw have been informed, but for whatever reason are so far not interested in the sense of active telcon participation on a weekly basis.  This is of course, very independent from the chair business and the m/w technology that they represent since they are neutral -  but as I said it's about the progress and agreement between the 'interested voices', otherwise we keep moving in circles or develop a standard that might be not broadly adopted.

However, no doubt that PGI is interesting for others - and of course PGI does not only take ARC, gLite, UNICORE voices into account, but they represent currently 60% in the calls over a long period of time and they clearly have driven this activity first outside OGF and then with slower pace inside OGF. Nevertheless, any other voice showing active participation in PGI is very welcome and will be clearly taken into account.

Let's stick to real facts in PGI and hope for better progress after the vacation period!

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)