[Pgi-wg] No PGI TelCon today

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at cern.ch
Wed Jul 29 06:29:07 CDT 2009

Hi Morris,

> That might be the case, but take into account that it's vacation time,
> at least in Europe - and the rather more important group argument
> should be that there are not enough significant 'voices' today to make
> decisions or even meaningful progress.

Sure... but there was no call on the mailing list to see if anyone would be available for a call, or if there was anyone else available who could lead the call. The WG chairs do not have to lead every call, they are certainly expected to drive progress within the group.

> There is no point to have an agreement w/o gLite, UNICORE, ARC.

While I agree with this... (with my EGEE hat on) there are also other groups involved in this WG and it is VERY worrying (with my OGF hat on) that a WG chair should make a statement that only a particular technologies have an 'important' voice in an activity.

I'm sure this was a mistake...

> If this group is really following a collaborative process, we should
> have a voice from everybody who is interested - and when we not wait
> for one or more interested voices in terms of  'just-going-forward-
> with-meaningless-decisions' - that would be not a WIN/WIN game in the
> end that we want to achieve in the group.

Which it seems to be from this statement...

Regards,

Steven