[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Telephone conferences using Skype

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Mon Jul 27 11:54:43 CDT 2009

Moreno, Oxana and all,

Concerning OGF PGI telephone conferences :

SKYPE has just published for Mac OS X a new version labeled 2.8

I suggest that Mac OS X users download this version, test it, and check
how much participants it allows inside a telephone conference.

If this version correctly works and if the number of allowed
participants is high enough, I suggest that the chairs of OGF PGI
organize the next telephone conferences with SKYPE by inviting
simultaneously :
-  all PGI members for which they know the Skype pseudo,
-  telephone number +9900827049931906

That would permit simultaneously :
-  All invited Skype users to see in real time the list of participants,
the name of the participant who is currently speaking, and perhaps to
benefit from screen sharing,
-  People without internet connection to join at +9900827049931906

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr