[Pgi-wg] Next teleconference: tomorrow, wednesday july 15th

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Tue Jul 14 17:10:33 CDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

With the diverse types of services that we deal with in our
infrastructure, I can't imagine a situation where they have all
implemented an interface using the same technology. This is due to many
factors including but not limited to: legacy, time scales, priories,
ideologies, trends, fads etc.
However, we have to somehow link all these services together, which is
why I believe that a parallel system is the most flexible option. If an
agreed information interface emerges, the exiting interfaces could be
extended to provide this but the only advantage I see is aesthetics
rather than function.

Having said that, one of the advantages that I would see by having this
added to BES is that developers of the interface would also have to
worry about providing the information, which would save us the trouble
:)   We could then create a simple adaptor to extract the information
and pull it into the parallel information system.
In order to achieve this, a simple interface such as an XML document
would suffice. Examples of such documents can be found on the GLUE 2.0
wiki page.

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/GLUE2XMLSchema

Laurence