[ogsa-wg] ***SPAM*** WS-MetadataExchange status

Blair Dillaway blaird at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 19 15:23:11 CDT 2007

During the OGSA EAP session on the Oct 19th, we discussed the possible use of WS-MetadataExchange (MEX) as a way of exchanging a services' communication security policy encoded in WS-SecurityPolicy. The status of the MEX specification was raised.
I have confirmed that MEX is not yet in a standards body.

There are however, a fairly large number of implementations of the published specification  ("Web Services Metadata Exchange (WS-MetadataExchange)", Version 1.1, August 2006) co-authored by Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, IBM, SAP, BEA, Computer Associates, and webMethods.  Implementers include Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Sun, Adobe, and open source AXIS.

Regards,
Blair Dillaway