[ogsa-wg] [ogsa-authn-bof] Authentication in OGSA

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Mon Jan 22 13:40:44 CST 2007

As a correction, let me point out that the OGSA-AuthN BOF is intended
to provide a process for moving forward from existing efforts in
AuthN, and does not have the role that you imply here.

The basic features of GSI and related technologies are well
documented and clearly spelled out in existing literature.  I was,
and am, focusing on grid (specifically grid services) authentication
here.

Alan

On Jan 22, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Steven Newhouse wrote:

> 'access under OGSA' is a bit of a null statement IMHO. Both of the
> proposed mechanisms (username/password & X.509 certificates) are
> viable in some deployment scenarios - perhaps not in others. The
> key requirement is to keep moving.
>
> Waiting for the results of WG's that are just having BoFs is not
> really a viable solution.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU