[ogsa-wg] Security Web Service Specifications

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:49:57 CST 2007

Hi Nate,

Could you elaborate a little on where you think Liberty ID-WSF might
integrate into the protocol stack?  Or maybe another way to put this
is: What components of Liberty ID-WSF (which is huge!) do you think
are relevant here?

If Shibboleth chooses to align with Liberty, I think that's fine, but
it's not at all clear to me how this impacts the Grid, and hence my
questions above.  Speaking as a Globus developer, Liberty ID-WSF in
Globus Toolkit (if that's what you're proposing) will be a hard sell
since 1) Globus has already made significant investments in
WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation, and 2) ID-WSF may be
incompatible with WSRF (in their use of WS-Addressing, in particular).

If you can shed any light on this issue, that would be great.

Thanks,

Tom Scavo
NCSA