[ogsa-wg] Security Web Service Specifications

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 17:37:15 CST 2007

Hi Nate

WS-Trust is the spec that we have profiled in OGSA-Authz for
communicating between the PEP and the CVS. See

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc9011?nav=1

regards

David

Nate Klingenstein wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I mentioned on the call today that the Liberty Alliance effort has
> defined ID-WSF, a web services framework for identity management
> functions that may be useful to OGSA.  It allows for fairly powerful
> identity management and integrates well with SAML and others.
>
> http://www.projectliberty.org/resource_center/specifications/
> liberty_alliance_id_wsf_2_0_specifications
>
> I think it's also worth taking some time to analyze WS-Trust, a
> specification that intends to generalize security token exchange.
>
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-trust/
>
> I'll just set these out for informational purposes right now without
> making any particular recommendations.  These could both feed into
> profiling efforts surrounding WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation.
> As you read this, I'd ask you to please keep a mental distinction
> between protocol and token format.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Nate.
>
> --

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184