[ogsa-wg] OGSA BSP 2.0

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Dec 4 01:33:00 CST 2007

Blair,

I have the pen on this document till the next call so I will see if I
can make the text clearer. Responses inline:

Blair Dillaway wrote:
> Hiro, David:
>

> I read thru the lastest BSP 2.0 draft and had a couple of comments.
>

> Pg 3 – Table 1.  It is not clear to me why you are including the OGSA
> BSP 1.0 namespaces in this doc since it obsoletes that specification.
> If this was meant to indicate the BSP 1.0 namespace will be re-used for
> the BSP 2.0 specs it seems to me that would just lead to needless
> confusion.

I think the 'bsp' entry can be deleted from the table since it is not a
namespace; it is a conformance claim URI.

> Pg 4, Line 95 – You are defining a new conformance claim for this spec,
> so why do you also claim it exposes the BSP 1.0 conformance claim?

The main purpose of this profile is to fill the security 'gap' left in
the WSRF Basic Profile (GFD.72), section 8. Briefly, the WSRF BP says
that it has to be combined with an OGSA Basic Security profile that
exposes the generic conformance claim URI
  http://www.ggf.org/ogsa/2006/05/bsp

This is not the BSP 1.0 conformance claim. The BSP 1.0 conformance claim is
  http://www.ggf.org/ogsa/2006/01/bsp-core.

BSP 1.0 exposed both the generic claim as required by WSRF BP and also
defined its own conformance claim. BSP 2.0 follows this pattern also.

I hope this is clearer, but if it's not we can talk about it on the call.

> Of course, you still need to fill in the full references to the two
> specs this document will apply to which I presume will define the
> namespaces you will need to reference.

It's on my list of things to do.

Thanks.
--