[ogsa-wg] OGSA/OGF URI for non-bound or non-functional EPRs

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Aug 30 06:01:04 CDT 2007

Hi Michel,

Quoting [Michel Drescher] (Aug 30 2007):

> Folks,
>
> - apologies for cross-posting -
>
> [...]
>
> Also, while we were discussing this matter on the last DMI call, we came up
> with the idea whether it is feasible to pull together a couple of interested
> people and create an OGF Community Practice document that may be based on
> GFD.84: "Standardised Namespaces for XML infosets in OGF"
> (http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.84.pdf) and defines, at an OGF level,
> standardized URIs for things such as
> - non-bound EPRs (as discussed)
> - Data transport protocol identifies (GridFTP, HTTP, FTP, SRB, RFT, ...)
> - ...
>
> Any ideas or comments?

The SAGA groups would happily consume such a document - at
the moment, we leave all these specification to either the
implementors or (worse) to the end users, and are not
satisfied with that solution.

Cheers, Andre.

--
"XML is like violence: if it does not help, use more."