[ogsa-wg] OGSA/OGF URI for non-bound or non-functional EPRs

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Thu Aug 30 04:42:11 CDT 2007

Folks,

- apologies for cross-posting -

at the last OGSA-F2F, and during the follow-up weeks in the DMI WG we agreed
upon and worked on a common URI for the wsa:Address field of an EPR that is
either
a) unbound to a service (late binding, from GenesisII @ UVa), or
b) non-functional at all and merely meant as a container (OGSA-DMI 1.0)

Attached is the latest draft of the OGSA-DMI specification containing the
first attempt to standardize that URI. I would like to draw your attention
to section 4.2.2.2 (page 10 ff.) and in particular to the description of
"/dmi:DataEPR/wsa:Address".

We would like to invite you to make comments on that section, and actually
on the specification at large.

Also, while we were discussing this matter on the last DMI call, we came up
with the idea whether it is feasible to pull together a couple of interested
people and create an OGF Community Practice document that may be based on
GFD.84: "Standardised Namespaces for XML infosets in OGF"
(http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.84.pdf) and defines, at an OGF level,
standardized URIs for things such as
- non-bound EPRs (as discussed)
- Data transport protocol identifies (GridFTP, HTTP, FTP, SRB, RFT, ...)
- ...

Any ideas or comments?

Cheers,
Michel