[ogsa-wg] [OGSA-BES-WG] Tracker Resolution Descriptions

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Thu Sep 7 21:27:14 CDT 2006

Marvin:

Isn't this ignoring the very real possibility that multiple renderings
exist because clients are not willing to support one rendering or the
other?  So, they may not care in practice what rendering a BES service
is using, because the resource selection process would have already
chosen a service instance that is compatible with the client's
abilities.

There isn't an "extra" round-trip if you assume that discovery
included type discovery.  And I personally have a hard time imagining
that you would want to do discovery and selection without having
resolved the actual message compatibility question, since it is one of
the most basic "viability" questions for whether this client's job can
go there...

It sounds to me that people still want to define two different classes
of rendering. One that does not take advantage of any newer web
service frameworks, and one that does. Saying we've merged these
renderings by making one that doesn't use the frameworks is not
addressing this conflict in goals, but pre-supposing that people do
not actually care to build systems using the frameworks.

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com