[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Oct. 30th call

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Sat Oct 28 23:14:21 CDT 2006

Hi all,

*ATTENTION*: Summer time ends this weekend and we will use
              new time slot for Monday and Thursday

Mon: 5-7pm ET, 4-6pm CT, 2-4pm PT, 7-9am JST, 10pm-midnight UK
Thu: 8-10am ET, 7-9am CT, 5-7am PT, 10pm-midnight JST, 1-3pm UK

The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Oct. 30th
Monday from 4pm to 6pm (CST).

The dial-in number for Monday;
   US:    +1 718 3541071 (New York) or
          +1 408 9616509 (San Jose)
   UK:    +44 (0)207 3655269 (London)
   Japan: +81 (0)3 3570 8225 (Tokyo)
   PIN:  4371991
   See more information:
   - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477

Screen share service will be provided.
   Session key: 1030
   See more explanation:
   https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584

1) Early discussion (10 min)
         Note taker assignment
         Roll call
         Telecon minutes approval (Oct. 26th)
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13975
         Action Items status review (see the bottom of this email)
         Agenda bashing

2) Nov. F2F meeting aganda (Hiro, 15 min)
         Review and agree on F2F meeting agenda.
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1620

         I've already got a couple of requests:
         o Move EMS sessions to Thursday afternoon (Andrew)
         o Add Service Modeling Language education session (Ellen)

3) OGSA roadmap document v1.1 update (Chris Jordan, 15 min)
         ChrisJ will report out the status of roadmap v1.1.

         The latest roadmap document:
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13733
         List of included documents and associated contacts:
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1486
         Minutes from Oct. 26th roadmap call:
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13973

4) OGF DMTF work register review (Ellen Stokes and Tom Roney, 20 min)

> Ellen reviewed slides Current dmtf-ggf work register status
> answers.ppt: Notes/answers included in slides.  One notable: WSDM/CIM
> and WS-MAN/CIM drafts are works in progress and versions are
> available.  Work regisiter can be updated.
>
> Tom raised a question about Security/Auth-model which might have been
> left out of the interaction: The dropping of attributes from
> attribute certificates. Hiro suggested that this is security team
> work. If CIM model has semantics, then need to track security
> attribute (delegated) for storage services access model (current impl
> do not do this right). Hiro suggests that perhaps this belongs in
> charter of new WG or in design team.  Tom will document this issue.
>
> Tom/Ellen agreed to review this topic again on the Oct 30th telecon
> call.

5) CIM profile introduction (Ellen Stokes and Tom Maguire, 40 min)

>   - Though normative work is the goal some educational work on what is
>     a CIM profile is needed.
>
>   AI-1023a: Tom and Ellen will do a CIM Profile Introduction for
>             Oct.30 (45-60 minutes session)

6) Glossary term discussion (Jem Treadwell, 20 min)

         Discuss and seek rough consensus on Enterprise, Enterprise
         computing, and e-Science.
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13958

7) Wrap up
         AOB

<*NEXT CALL*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477?nav=1

Nov.   2 (Thu): Information/data modeling,
                 EMS Architecture scenarios
Nov.   6 (Mon): EGA reference model, OGSA roadmap

Nov.   9 & 10: F2F meeting in Tampa

<*ACTION ITEMS*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1569

 > From Sept. 21 call.
   AI-0921c: Dave S (as Standards VP) to talk to the next
             Security ADs (Blair Dillaway and David Groep) about the
             Security Area task list.

 > From Sept. 15 OGSA F2F
   AI-0915a: (A Savva, S McGough): Set up a telephone conference to
              collect workflow (BPEL) experience
   AI-0915d: Tom will post BP base faults issue to tracker
   AI-0915e: Hiro to talk with OGF Editor to start an errata process

 > From Aug. 17 call
   AI-0817a: Dave Berry and Jay Unger will approach groups (GIN,
              Globus, etc) that have implemented practical grids and
              start a discussion on how they handle data:
              - how data is treated as a resource that can be scheduled
              - how transfers are modeled
              - how files are advertised
              - how applications find files (query, by knowledge,?)
              (Due Oct. 9)

 > From Aug. 3 call
   AI-0803e: Jun will provide an example of the CDL mechanism and why
              using ID/IDREF is not a good idea.
   AI-0803f: Jun will update the CDL document to remove the Environment
              variables

 > From July 20 F2F
- EGR-WG (Ravi) will contact Geoffrey Fox and invites him to
      contribute use cases.
- Andreas to go through the minutes and formulate a reply mail to
      Geoffrey on each artifact covered in these minutes.

Postponed:
Until Nov. F2F (Nov. 9):
   AI-1023b: Tom and Ellen will start working on an introductory
             example for the F2F.
             - The exact topic is not decided. It may be good to make
               sure that it aligns with the XQuery examples that Michel
               is using. (Tom will contact Michel.)
             - Michel and Fred should be involved in this work.

Until next reference model call (Nov. 6?):
   AI-1023c: Tom volunteered to review Hiro's HPC Cluster use case
             slides and make appropriate changes to indicate where the
             CIM Profile would fit in and how it would link into the
             Reference Model.
   AI-1023d: Paul will add more items to list on slide 6 of the HPC
             Cluster use case
   AI-1023f: Paul will review relevant OGF specs and give feedback to
             Hiro for the next version of the use case slide deck.
   AI-1023g: Hiro will look at other parts of slide 5 and identify
             further possible refinements of this use case.

Until next EMS call (Nov. 2):
   AI-0914a (Andreas Savva): Integrate the simple Data scenario just
            presented into the scenarios document
   AI-0913a: Andreas to update function names of BES.
   AI-0913b: Andrew to write-up a couple of such JM functionalities
            (short paragraph for each, e.g. time constraint as JSDL
             extension.)
   AI-0913c: Andreas to add another scenario to use this “terminate”
             method of activity interface.
   AI-0913e: Andreas to separate un-deployment as a separate scenario.
   AI-0913f: Andreas to describe relation between ACS and CDDLM.
   AI-0913g: Donal to provide his proposal on
             "ActivityExecutionCandidate."
   AI-0831e: (A Savva) Talk to ACS working group for refining this
               scenario.
   AI-0831f: (A Savvva) Research RNS and probably update the EMS Arch
               Scenarios document