[ogsa-wg] Glossary terms: enterprise, enterprise computing and e-Science

Toshiyuki Nakata t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com
Wed Oct 25 18:32:52 CDT 2006

Hello:
I have not been active in OGSA but, I do participate in EGR-RG (Enterprise Grid Requirements) RG
so my two cents' comments.

> ·       Operation of enterprise applications such as CRM and ERP.

How about numerically intensive applications used in the enterprises such as
Cirucuit simulation, financial calculations such as Risk analysis?

In EGR-RG, we decided that it would  become very difficult to draw a line, so
have made no definitions on the bounds of applications themselves
Best Regards
Toshi
-----
Toshiyuki Nakata 中田 登志之
Executive Chief Engineer, Central Research Lab. NEC
1753, Shimonumabe, Nakahara-Ku,
Kawasaki,Kanagawa 211-8666,Japan
Tel +81-44-431-7653 (NEC Internal 22-60035)
Fax +81-44-431-7609 (NEC Internal 22-60509)