[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Oct. 23rd call

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Sun Oct 22 02:06:16 CDT 2006

Hi all,

The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Oct. 23rd
Monday from 5pm to 7pm (CDT).

The dial-in number for Monday;
   US:    +1 718 3541071 (New York) or
          +1 408 9616509 (San Jose)
   UK:    +44 (0)207 3655269 (London)
   Japan: +81 (0)3 3570 8225 (Tokyo)
   PIN:  4371991
   See more information:
   - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477

Screen share service will be provided.
   Session key: 1023
   See more explanation:
   https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584?nav=1

1) Early discussion (20 min)
         Note taker assignment
         Roll call
         Telecon minutes approval (if available)
         Action Items status review (see the bottom of this email)
         Agenda bashing

2) Nov. F2F update (20 min)

3) HPC cluster usecase for EGA reference model (Paul and Hiro, 60 min)
         In order to clarify relationship between OGSA architecture
         and EGA reference model, design team is trying to write-up
         HPC cluster usecase for EGA reference model assuming that
         OGSA is SOA and Web-service based instantiation of EGA
         reference model.

         Hiro's draft slides:
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13939
         Meeting minutes from Oct. 9th:
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13942

>    AI-1009a: Review slide 6 again and clarify what the problem is
>              (Reference Model Design Team)
>    AI-1009b: Review the Reference Model 'Manage Job' in more
>              detail. Specifically look at it from the perspective of
>              an enterprise application (e.g., a 3-tier app) (Reference
>              Model Design Team)
>    AI-1009c: Hiro to ask Jay to provide his comments for Slide 6
>              - Perspective of submitter vs platform provider and the
>                hierarchical model connection

         Design team will bring revised slides to the call.

4) Glossary discussion (Jem Treadwell, 20 min)

Jem's email:
> Per discussion on the October 9th meeting, I've now posted a discussion
> document for the Glossary.  The primary objective is to converge the EGA
> Reference Model glossary and the OGSA glossary, and the target for
> completion is OGF19.
>
> The discussion document is posted in the gridforge Glossary folder at
> http://tinyurl.com/yzwt4c, along with the current draft of the Glossary.
>
> I received some initial comments from Olegario Hernandez, who has been a
> regular contributer to each version of the OGSA Glossary.  These
> comments are posted in tracker 5617 - there's a link to the tracker in
> the discussion document.
>
> I believe we had agreed that we would discuss the terms initially by
> e-mail and with discussions as needed bi-weekly on the regular Monday
> OGSA calls.  I propose that we begin with a discussion on next Monday's
> call, as the last agenda item to minimize the pain :0)  For anyone who
> wants to get a head start, I propose to look at "enterprise" and related
> terms first (and, from his comments, I think Olegario would second that
> proposal!).

3) Wrap up
         AOB

<*NEXT CALL*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477?nav=1

Oct.  26 (Thu): EMS scenarios, Security
Oct.  30 (Mon): DMTF work register, OGSA roadmap
Nov.   2 (Thu): Information/data modeling
Nov.   6 (Mon): EGA reference model, OGSA roadmap
Nov.   9 (Thu): F2F prep

<*ACTION ITEMS*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1569

 > From Oct. 9 call.
    AI-1009a: Review slide 6 again and clarify what the problem is
              (Reference Model Design Team)
    AI-1009b: Review the Reference Model 'Manage Job' in more
              detail. Specifically look at it from the perspective of
              an enterprise application (e.g., a 3-tier app) (Reference
              Model Design Team)
    AI-1009c: Hiro to ask Jay to provide his comments for Slide 6
              - Perspective of submitter vs platform provider and the
                hierarchical model connection

 > From Oct. 5 call.
   AI-1005a: Alan Sill willing to take responsibility for pushing
             the process for getting a charter ready (by Oct. 26)
   AI-1005b: People to send Dave Snelling more information, ideas
             for more security calls to complete coverage
             (Since this does not have any specific owners, it will
              be closed Oct. 26)

 > From Sept. 28 call.
   AI-0928a: Takuya will issue a final call on BSP-Core on the list.

 > From Sept. 25 call.
   AI-0925c: Hiro to ask Alan Clark to ask EGA TC member who want to
        contribute to join the OGSA list and this convergence work.  -
        Members may have changed but organizations have not
   AI-0925g: Tom will send a note to the list (to: Ellen S and Fred M)
              on why the current separation of service/info model may
              not be quite right.

 > From Sept. 21 call.
   AI-0921c: Dave S (as Standards VP) to talk to the next
             Security ADs (Blair Dillaway and David Groep) about the
             Security Area task list.

 > From Sept. 15 OGSA F2F
   AI-0915a: (A Savva, S McGough): Set up a telephone conference to
              collect workflow (BPEL) experience
   AI-0915d: Tom will post BP base faults issue to tracker
   AI-0915e: Hiro to talk with OGF Editor to start an errata process

 > From Aug. 17 call
   AI-0817a: Dave Berry and Jay Unger will approach groups (GIN,
              Globus, etc) that have implemented practical grids and
              start a discussion on how they handle data:
              - how data is treated as a resource that can be scheduled
              - how transfers are modeled
              - how files are advertised
              - how applications find files (query, by knowledge,?)
              (Due Oct. 9)

 > From Aug. 3 call
   AI-0803e: Jun will provide an example of the CDL mechanism and why
              using ID/IDREF is not a good idea.
   AI-0803f: Jun will update the CDL document to remove the Environment
              variables

 > From July 20 F2F
- EGR-WG (Ravi) will contact Geoffrey Fox and invites him to
      contribute use cases.
- Andreas to go through the minutes and formulate a reply mail to
      Geoffrey on each artifact covered in these minutes.

Postponed:
Until next EMS call (Oct. 26):
   AI-0914a (Andreas Savva): Integrate the simple Data scenario just
            presented into the scenarios document
   AI-0913a: Andreas to update function names of BES.
   AI-0913b: Andrew to write-up a couple of such JM functionalities
            (short paragraph for each, e.g. time constraint as JSDL
             extension.)
   AI-0913c: Andreas to add another scenario to use this “terminate”
             method of activity interface.
   AI-0913e: Andreas to separate un-deployment as a separate scenario.
   AI-0913f: Andreas to describe relation between ACS and CDDLM.
   AI-0913g: Donal to provide his proposal on
             "ActivityExecutionCandidate."
   AI-0831e: (A Savva) Talk to ACS working group for refining this
               scenario.
   AI-0831f: (A Savvva) Research RNS and probably update the EMS Arch
               Scenarios document