[ogsa-wg] clarification on the OGSA Job Management capability

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 13 19:38:04 CDT 2006

Hi Sergio,

We think Job Manager provides more features than BES including:
- Resource allocation (a.k.a. brokering)
- Workload management
- Reservation (including advance reservation)
- On demand application provisioning
- On demand data provisioning (more than file staging/de-staging)
- On demand container provisioning

Our EMS scenario document (working draft) gives you more concrete
ideas.

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc12749

Hope it helps,