[ogsa-wg] Materials for tomorrows call

Steven Newhouse s.newhouse at omii.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 14:47:10 CST 2006

Andrew,

 > By the way we were NOT proposing the XML stuff we sent as a "standard" -
 > rather a sketch of the level of detail we might want to address.

Ahh. That was not clear to me from the email and slide deck.

> The question
> before us is - 1) adopt something existing, or 2) gather best practices and
> generate some sort of simple least common denominator a la JSDL, or 3) try
> and design by committee a complete package.
>
> I personally think (2) is the best choice :-).

Considering there is a whole lot of existing tooling around 1 I'd like
to see where these solutions fail - and if extension mechanisms can
correct these failures - before even going down 2.

But clearly the way to do these is to define the common use cases - be
they simple workflow or the more complicated co-scheduling of coupled
applications that Donal proposes.

Steven