[ogsa-wg] Extensible state model for jobs

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Tue May 2 14:54:17 CDT 2006

Hi all,

As Marvin mentioned in his email on extensibility and composition of
protocols, I'd like to present this short document describing, in more
detail, a model for extending the state model of jobs from a "base profile".
The document is based on some discussions that Marvin and I have been having
about scheduler interoperability, and is very close to the model that has
been proposed within the SAGA working group. Please review Marvin's email
about extensibility to get a feel for the "context" of the model.

It is my intention to show how the ESI and BES state models can be
represented using this approach. I'll try to get that done before Tokyo, but
might just need to present some slides at GGF17, assuming I'm given a few
minutes to do so.

This is very much a work in progress, so I'm looking forward to feedback....

A note for the SAGA group .... I'd still like to see "pending" in the base
job state diagram ... don't know why it disappeared. ;-)

-- Chris