[ogsa-wg] Modeling guidelines document -- please review for teleconference on Wednesday

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 8 15:40:33 CST 2006

Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for your updated draft.
The following is a list of my general comments.
Sorry for the last minutes feedback.

(1) DMTF DSP1001 Management Profile Specification Usage Guide
This is now publicly available and should be referenced
from and utilized by your guideline document.

(2) Date model
Without data model, how to use IM within OGSA specs.
options are;
i) rendered in interface specs
ii) RM design team will create DM guideline in the future
iii) DMTF provides standard mapping from IM to DM

(3) Why an IM is needed (Section 1.2)
The current text is a list of usecases. Necessity description
is required here.

(4) Modeling Process (Section 2)
I propose to re-order three steps.
i) create informal IM (now step 3)
ii) create CIM management profile (now step 1)
iii) optional: create CIM extension (now step 2)

(5) GGF WG/DT (Section 3.2)
I propose to drop first scenarios since it does not scale.

(6) Standardization steps (Section 4)
Need sub-sections for;
i) Information Model profile (is it GFD-R.P or GFD-I?)
ii) OGSA specification

(7) extensions (Section 4.1)
CIM extension should follow what JCIM did. It is GGF document
not DMTF document.