[ogsa-wg] FINAL CALL: OGSA 1.5 Architecture and Glossary

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 02:57:01 CDT 2006

The Glossary has the following definition of "endpoint":

"Endpoint:  A Web Service endpoint to which a client may bind in order
to consume a service."

So an endpoint is an endpoint.  Hmm.

Actually, there is a reference to the detailed definition given by the
W3C so this entry isn't as circular as it first seems.  I still think
the phrasing could be improved.  Also, to be really petty, the W3C term
is "end point" (with a space).

How about:

"Endpoint: A specific location to which a client may bind in order to
access a Web Service, using a specific protocol and data format."

Dave.

P.S. I should add that I find the Glossary to be a very helpful
document.