[ogsa-wg] INFO a hole???

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 20 06:03:35 CST 2006

Dieter's email bounced.

Subject: Re: [ogsa-wg] INFO a hole???
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:38:03 -0800
From: Dieter Gawlick <dieter.gawlick at oracle.com>

Andreas,

Please go to the INFOD website and look at the GGF16 folder.There you
will find specifications and use cases which include patterns. When you
look at the INFOD presentation at GGF16 you we see that the group plans
a major cleanup of the interfaces in two months time.

I think that OGSA has to look much more closely into the implications
moving towards a /push world/. Some of the basics are well understood,
e.g., those aspects captured in WS-Notification. But there is much, much
more. For starters, I would highly recommend to look closely into the
INFOD mechanism of matching publishers and consumers. It is quite
sophisticated and seems to capture some difficult tasks that we tend to
leave to developer as an implementation exercise.

The current specifications reflect only step one of INFOD; OGSA members
should also try to become familiar with what we intend to add later.
Doing so, could provide significant guidance for some areas, i.e., data
movement and transactions.

Dieter