Proposal of OGSA panel "Working with OGSA" (Re: [ogsa-wg] Teleconference minutes - 8 February 2006)

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Feb 9 04:39:40 CST 2006

Hi all,

 > ** Panel discussion
 >    - Reviewed Andreas' draft panel description, proposed balance and
 >      identified candidates for participants and moderator.
 >   - One proposal is to have two moderators, one from industry the
 >     other from academia. It is interesting but there was some
 >     uncertainty on how well the format would work.
 >   - Candidates so far are mostly from academia. Looking for more
 >     commercial/industry representatives. Possible candidates:
 >     - Tony Hey (MS)
 >     - Franco Travostino (Nortel)
 >     - David Martin (IBM)
 >     - /Someone from Univa/
 >   Action: Hiro will post the panel proposal text to the list and
 >           followup with the identified candidates to confirm the final
 >           selection.

The following is what we've agreed Today.

"OGSA is the flagship architecture of GGF and one of its most active
WGs. It has published a number of documents and more are in the
pipeline. A number of fellow WGs are also busy refining parts of the
architecture. But perhaps in some ways the group, its activities, and
aims are a black box to many people in GGF. To bridge this communication
gap this panel will explore the experiences of people working with OGSA;
the expectations of people wishing to work with OGSA; as well as attempt
to shed more light on the group's activities and objectives."

Panelist candidates (5 at most?):
	JSDL        (Steve McGough/Ali Anjomshoaa)
	OMII/BES    (Steven Newhouse)
	EGEE        (Francesco Prelz?)
         Tony Hey    (Microsoft)
         Franco      (Nortel)
         UNIVA       (?)
         John Tollefsrud (SUN)

	An active OGSA member (perhaps Andrew Grimshaw, Jay, Hiro, ...)

- Panel balance. Should include people from
	- Europe, US, Asia-Pacific
	- Industry, Academia
	- Big Grid project (with deployments) and
		Commercial vendors or adopters
	- Other GGF WGs
	- An active OGSA member
	- (option) Other standards bodies?