Action item list on wiki (was Re: [ogsa-wg] OGSA Teleconference (August 17))

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Aug 22 03:09:06 CDT 2006

Ravi,

I think separating intents and means is important. I have no objection
to the intent of what I think you want---building a common view of the
current state of the work.

I don't think that marking statements with resolved/decision or any
similar word in the minutes and copying these over to another doc/wiki
page will magically create this. I don't really doubt that it might have
worked for another group. But OGSA-WG has many parallel topics running
at different speeds, a varied and large membership who attend meetings
or teleconferences with different frequency and are interested at
different levels of detail. I just cannot see how a list of fairly
laconic statements can make anyone any wiser. Maybe this is something
that we should agree to disagree on.

In any case I'd be very supportive of any topic/design team lead who
decides to maintain a page detailing the current state of their work,
what they think they have reached consensus on etc. I do not see this
being done by simply copying portions of the minutes however. It will
take a bit more effort.

For what it's worth I did go through a phase where I was marking minutes
as you mention. From experience, the frequency of revisiting old
discussions did not really change. When people really want to revisit an
old discussion the fact that there are already minutes about it isn't
going to stop them.

Andreas

--
Andreas Savva