[ogsa-wg] Teleconference minutes - 14 August 2006

Christopher Jordan ctjordan at sdsc.edu
Tue Aug 15 21:08:57 CDT 2006

One correction regarding yesterday's discussion - I reviewed the
minutes from the last Roadmap call, (I didn't take the minutes for
that call so it slipped my mind more easily) and I was completely
incorrect regarding the placement of the WSRF Profile document in the
appendix. Hiro's request was, apparently, that we place published
documents in the appendix.

I think there's some question/complexity regarding the criteria by
which we place documents referenced in the roadmap into the appendix,
so I'm going to bring this up for further discussion in tomorrow's
Roadmap call. Anyone with comments or suggestions regarding the
placement of published documents should either send them to me via e-
mail, or of course feel free to join the call tomorrow. For me, I
guess, the crucial questions are what constitutes a "published
document" - something that we don't intend to produce a second
version of? And if we're going to take this route, do we then need to
completely replicate the structure of the document WRT normative vs
informational documents and profiles? And if so, at what point does
the appendix become so unwieldy that it should really just be part of
the main document? Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Details regarding tomorrow's call will follow shortly.

Thanks.

Chris Jordan
Data Reliability Manager
San Diego Supercomputer Center
ctjordan at sdsc.edu
858.534.8347

"Mother, I feel so far away from everything." -
			The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser