[ogsa-wg] Draft Execution Service Interface Specification

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 4 10:26:14 CDT 2006

Folks,

With my Unicore hat on, I have been working with some of the Globus
people to see if we (Unicore and Globus) can agree on a joint Job
submit and management interface specification. The progress has been
very good, but we are by no means finished. However, the spec is mature
enough to open it for your input. Ian and I are acting as editors, so
please send issues and comments at least to us.

To put this work in the current OGSA context, I see this specification
as the WSRF OGSA Base Profile rendering of a fairly complete execution
service interface. I don't believe it is much more complicated than the
minimal set of capabilities needed to address the HPC use cases posted
by Marvin. This might therefore also be the WSRF BP rendering of that
as well (given suitable optionality at strategic places) , but more
analysis is needed.

With respect to the OGSA-BES work, we see this as a possible next step
for BES-like services. The corresponding factory operation in this
specification is slightly more complex than the BES create activity
operation, but is not intended to replace it.

I realize that the schema and WSDL sections are missing. I assure you
that drafts of these exist, but are grossly out of phase with the main
document. We will be working over the coming weeks to develop these.

Let us know what you think. I plan to join the EMS discussion tomorrow
by phone and can answer questions then if people have them.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE