[ogsa-wg] OGSA EMS Sequence Diagrams

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Sep 14 10:19:54 CDT 2005

Thanks Stuart.

My comments are in-line <HK>.

Stuart Schaefer wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The slides in scenario #3 contain the detail that includes the
> provisioning steps.  I do not see where in any of the sequence diagrams
> the CSG interacts with the ACS service.  Candidate Sets are retrieved
> from the Execution Planning Services.  The EPS works with ACS and should
> also be linked to Provisioning.  If a service is already deployed and
> can be reused, I would presume that EPS would make this determination.
> The CDDLM system allows for this.

<HK>
IFAIK, EPS does not (or should not) work with ACS directory. Instead,
EPS should talk to information service.
</HK>

> Our presumption in CDDLM is that what is returned from the ACS is a
> parameterized template, that should be partially resolved during the
> Candidate Set Generation Phase and Resource Reservation Phase.  But many
> parameters are not known until deployment time or runtime.

<HK>
In OGSA-WG scenario #1, CSG talks to ACS. However I think CSG should
talk to Information service, instead.
</HK>

> So, prior to
> invoking a service container (StartActivityFromJSDL() in the first
> diagram of scenario #1), the CDDLM service can be used to complete the
> template resolution, deploy the required systems and prepare the job for
> execution.  Not sure if the sequence diagrams need this level of detail.

<HK>
It should be. We should add directed link from JM to CDDLM service for
deployment and configuration.
</HK>

> I think the only operations that are missing in the current CDDLM
> component model (container) are the commands to start and stop the
> actual job.  We have taken care of all of the deploy, register, undeploy
> requirements as well as can support the "getState()" query from the
> Information Services.  I would also add that we treat releasing
> resources and un-deploying configurations as different, environment
> specific operations.
>

> We can contribute the sequence diagrams that were created as part of our
> work and those created by the ACS team to show the detailed steps of
> provisioning.  Would anyone like to see those?

<HK>
Why not? Please let us know it.
</HK>