[ogsa-wg] OGSA EMS Sequence Diagrams

Stuart Schaefer Sschaefer at softricity.com
Fri Sep 9 10:20:57 CDT 2005

Hi,

The slides in scenario #3 contain the detail that includes the
provisioning steps.  I do not see where in any of the sequence diagrams
the CSG interacts with the ACS service.  Candidate Sets are retrieved
from the Execution Planning Services.  The EPS works with ACS and should
also be linked to Provisioning.  If a service is already deployed and
can be reused, I would presume that EPS would make this determination.
The CDDLM system allows for this.

Our presumption in CDDLM is that what is returned from the ACS is a
parameterized template, that should be partially resolved during the
Candidate Set Generation Phase and Resource Reservation Phase.  But many
parameters are not known until deployment time or runtime.  So, prior to
invoking a service container (StartActivityFromJSDL() in the first
diagram of scenario #1), the CDDLM service can be used to complete the
template resolution, deploy the required systems and prepare the job for
execution.  Not sure if the sequence diagrams need this level of detail.

I think the only operations that are missing in the current CDDLM
component model (container) are the commands to start and stop the
actual job.  We have taken care of all of the deploy, register, undeploy
requirements as well as can support the "getState()" query from the
Information Services.  I would also add that we treat releasing
resources and un-deploying configurations as different, environment
specific operations.

We can contribute the sequence diagrams that were created as part of our
work and those created by the ACS team to show the detailed steps of
provisioning.  Would anyone like to see those?

Thanks,

Stuart Schaefer