[ogsa-wg] Roadmap v19 uploaded

Takuya Mori moritaku at bx.jp.nec.com
Wed Sep 7 17:56:42 CDT 2005

Hi Hiro, Dave and Jem,

> We have discussed how to update these two document at the August
> F2F meeting.
>
>  From the meeting minutes;
> > Attributes document give information background and defines profiles.
> > Hiro proposed to use profile format. Only part of document is
> > profile, and the rest is informational. Part that is a profile can be
> > changed to OGSA format. Tom: still struggling with document structure
> > in OGSA. Discussion if document can be divided in two, to make clear
> > what is normative and what is not. Consensus that will address this
> > in version 2.

Oh, Hiro, you have already addressed the consensus.
Please forget about my previous mail.

> Personally, I prefer to bring this document back to section 4 and put
> their version 2 document into section 5.

I think that it is an idea.  By doing that, we don't need to
make the document conform to the Profile Definition, do we?

If nobody argued on it, I'm going to move the entry to section 4.

> > Authorization document: SAML profile for an authorization service for
> >  a client to request authorization decisions. Have 3 or four
> > implementations in the field working. Discussions that SAML was the
> > right decision at this time, but further work will proceed with
> > possibly an XACML authorization query interface as the basis. Tom,
> > Frank: OGSI-oriented, need updates. Discussions on OGSA branding.
> > Discussion with consensus to take current document to change OGSI
> > references (Hiro: change name and re-submit to editor. Von will check
> >  with editor and re-submit). Also, create a new document with an OGSA
> >  (WSRF) specific version of it (Tom Maguire volunteers to help); part
> >  of charter of new extended OGSA-AuthZ WG. Next versions also follow
> > OGSA. Discussions whether the authorization documents are
> > specifications or profiles.
>
> Given that OGSI is deprecated in favor of WSRF and WSN, I think their
> version 1 document should not be included in the OGSA roadmap. Instead,
> we should have version 2 description in section 5.

I agree with you.
Actually, I was wondering if it is good to put the entry there,
although it still has a dependency on OGSI.

I'm OK to remove it.

Shall we add another entry for the future version of it in the Future
Profiles section?