[ogsa-wg] Roadmap v19 uploaded

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Sep 6 03:50:37 CDT 2005

Hi Dave, Jem, and Takuya,

We have discussed how to update these two document at the August
F2F meeting.

 From the meeting minutes;
> Attributes document give information background and defines profiles.
> Hiro proposed to use profile format. Only part of document is
> profile, and the rest is informational. Part that is a profile can be
> changed to OGSA format. Tom: still struggling with document structure
> in OGSA. Discussion if document can be divided in two, to make clear
> what is normative and what is not. Consensus that will address this
> in version 2.

Personally, I prefer to bring this document back to section 4 and put
their version 2 document into section 5.

> Authorization document: SAML profile for an authorization service for
>  a client to request authorization decisions. Have 3 or four
> implementations in the field working. Discussions that SAML was the
> right decision at this time, but further work will proceed with
> possibly an XACML authorization query interface as the basis. Tom,
> Frank: OGSI-oriented, need updates. Discussions on OGSA branding.
> Discussion with consensus to take current document to change OGSI
> references (Hiro: change name and re-submit to editor. Von will check
>  with editor and re-submit). Also, create a new document with an OGSA
>  (WSRF) specific version of it (Tom Maguire volunteers to help); part
>  of charter of new extended OGSA-AuthZ WG. Next versions also follow
> OGSA. Discussions whether the authorization documents are
> specifications or profiles.

Given that OGSI is deprecated in favor of WSRF and WSN, I think their
version 1 document should not be included in the OGSA roadmap. Instead,
we should have version 2 description in section 5.