[ogsa-wg] Update to OGSA 1.5

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Sep 7 17:42:34 CDT 2005

All,

While explaining OGSA to some very technical folks last week it came up that
the 1.0 document does not describe an "object model"  so to speak. in other
words, what are the "atoms", what is the minimum we assume, etc.

For example, we assume:

that resources have interfaces,

that they process messages,

that their behavior may be history dependent,

that they are referenced with EPR's,

that the atoms may have a unique AbstractName

that they may be both servers and clients of other services

We also seem to assume that there is some mechanism to get/set some form of
metadata (resource properties)

We seem to want to be able to find out what interfaces are supported (it is
in base profile .. And I think should be in any profile - opinion)

We seem to assume a factory pattern - though it is not explicit, and not
part of lifetimes

I am sure there are others.

Comments?

Should I write something up along this line for inclusion in the 1.5
document?

Andrew