[ogsa-wg] Re: CDDLM meeting tomorrow, Wed 10/12/2006, at 6am PST

Keisuke Fukui kfukui at labs.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 12 04:03:25 CDT 2005

Dejan,

I will attend the meeting tonight. Thanks for the invitation and
my apologies to my absence in the OGSA EMS meeting. I had a half
year commitment to my family on the following Saturday:-)

To complement the slides used in the EMS meeting, attached is
more precise description of the ACS in the context of the topics.

As for the subject about the choice among the sequence or relation
diagram, I have a little difficulty to pick one because I have a few
concerns for the approach for the issue:
- In the perspective of the ACS, it is not an issue which of the
   service entity should have an access to the ACS.
- Rather it is more important what types of the information is
   needed in terms of the Job Manager or underlying services. For
   example, they should include:
   + Information describing application itself and access constraint.
   + Deployment information for the application.
   + Resource requirement description in the granularity of the
     actually resource to be deployed.
   + Job instantiation parameter such as configurable values for
     each of the instance and scalable quantity.
- The relationship of the services or where the data store sit should
   be designed optimally for each of the implementation of the system.

With above information, I hope I could more confident for the right
choice. I believe, at least, we should define what data is needed
before which service the data is stored in; they depends on what.

In summary, my recommendation is to define what information is
required exactly by CSG (or RSS), then we can proceed where to
store them and how they can be retrieved.

If I am beside the point, please be generous to point that:-)

  -Keisuke