[ogsa-wg] Re: [ogsa-naming-wg] ... without wsa:Address profile, AbstractName is meaningless ...

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Tue Nov 15 10:11:08 CST 2005

I'm concerned that by saying that we will start using the Address field for
uniqueness and comparison reasons that that is going to place a MUCH heavier
burden on the tooling, programers, and users then the abstract name does
currently.  All of my web services right now have URLs in the Address field
because that's what the tooling supports and clearly the URL is not unique
for all resource endpoints (I in fact have thousands of resource endpoints
residing on my machine right now at exactly one URL).  Using IRIs or URIs in
the address field of the EPR is great on paper, but I don't know of any
tooling that in fact supports that.