[ogsa-wg] Re: [ogsa-naming-wg] ... without wsa:Address profile, AbstractName is meaningless ...

Mark McKeown zzalsmm3 at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 08:38:05 CST 2005

Hi Frank,
         The Web Architecture
(http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#identification)
discusses and provides guidance on the issues you describe
of IRI collision, IRI aliases etc. Does this document not
address the issues of the profile work you are suggesting?

When you advocate using the wsa:Address for the AbstractName
are you saying that there is no need for adding the AbstractName
element from WS-Naming into the EPR or are you saying that
the wsa:Address (or some combination of the
wsa:Address+wsa:ReferenceParameters) should be used in the
AbstractName element.

eg.
<wsa:EndpointReference
	xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/03/addressing"
	xmlns:name="http://ggf.org/name">
  <wsa:Address>http://ggf.org/example/B944388</wsa:Address>
  <name:AbstractName>http://ggf.org/example/B944388</name:AbstractName>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

cheers
Mark

Mark Mc Keown                            RSS
Mark.McKeown at man.ac.uk 	                 Manchester Computing
+44 161 275 0601     		         University of Manchester