[ogsa-naming-wg] Re: [ogsa-wg] Abstract names in BES

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 10 18:28:13 CST 2005

Ian's email bounced.

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:46:52 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [ogsa-naming-wg] Re: [ogsa-wg] Abstract names in BES
From: itf at mcs.anl.gov
To: "Frank Siebenlist" <franks at mcs.anl.gov>
Cc: "Mark McKeown" <zzalsmm3 at nessie.mcc.ac.uk>,
	"Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk>,
	ogsa-wg at ggf.org, ogsa-naming-wg at ggf.org, ogsa-bes-wg at ggf.org

I'm concerned that the following two notions may be inconsistent:

a) WS-Names should be globally unique (Andrew)

b) The WS-Name can be used to pass a LSF jobid (Chris)

Or is Chris proposing that LSF be changed to generate its jobids with
whatever scheme WS-Naming proposes to ensure global uniqueness? (If it
doesn't, then I don't think that Chris can guarantee that the names that
LSF generates and the names that someone else generates will not collide.)

Ian.