[ogsa-wg] Re: [ogsa-bes-wg] Abstract names in BES

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Wed Nov 9 21:11:33 CST 2005

I haven't thought too much about it, but it would probably be something like
the abstract name being the jobid (maybe plus the submit time for some time
uniqueness if desired). I could then possibly use this to resolve to an EPR
if needed. The jobid is used for both WS and non-WS interfaces, so that it's
easier for clients (i.e. people) to remember them and pass them around.

So, say someone gets an email from LSF about the job, which contains the LSF
jobid, they can then use their portal (which uses the WS interface) to get
more information.

As for embedding in the EPR's address, I thought that it was not supposed to
be "interpreted" by the people that they are handed to. :-)

Of course, as I mentioned, this could also easily be done by embedding this
information in the payload of some SOAP messages.

-- Chris