[ogsa-wg] RE: [ogsa-naming-wg] service/resource identifier on the wire?

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Nov 9 08:00:55 CST 2005

Frank, et al,
Let me make sure I understand your question.

When you say "on the wire" do you mean "must be present in the soap header"?

If so, then the discussion was to change the document to state that the
endpoint receiving the message MUST NOT assume that the header contains the
abstract name. The "endpoint" in this case refers to an endpoint that is
being "named". Thus, it cannot be used for dispatch.

I cannot recall who suggested this (it might have been Tom, I cannot recall
though). The motivation was that because not all elements of the WS-Address
are guaranteed to be included in the header by all tooling.

If not, what do you mean by "on the wire"?

Andrew