[ogsa-wg] service/resource identifier on the wire?

Frank Siebenlist franks at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 8 22:48:42 CST 2005

In the past I've advocated that we need an AbstractName equivalent as a
service/resource identifier on the wire, i.e. present in the soap message.

During the last conference call it was mentioned that at the ws-naming
F2F it was discussed that this was not needed.
Could someone explain what the arguments were? What the discussion was
about exactly?

(maybe the f2f-minutes would be nice too ... hint, hint ;-) )

Thanks, Frank.

Frank Siebenlist               franks at mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory