[ogsa-wg] WS-Naming

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Mon May 9 12:06:46 CDT 2005

All,

After a bit of a delay we are ready to start discussions on naming.
A few things.

First, finding a time that does not collide with other OGSA/GGF calls was a
challenge. We decided on Mondays at 11 AM eastern.

Dial in information:

Toll-free dial-in:                    1-877-422-0036

Toll/International  dial-in:   1-314-655-1412

Tie-line dial-in:                      422-0036

Participant passcode:        496684

The first call will be on Monday, May 16.

The proposed agenda is:

            Charter - specifically scope and timing of documents.

            Suitability of existing standards and systems to fill the
requirements. Specifically, WS-Addressing by itself, WS-Discovery, and
Handle. Note to supporters of Handle. The license on the web site is very
restrictive. I personally feel it is unacceptable as it stands. Evidence
that a different license model is now in use is needed to continue examining
Handle in my view.

The May 23 call will not take place. Instead interested parties will caucus
at the OGSA F2F meeting in London.

Second, I am attaching three documents. The strawman draft WS-Name document
that we presented in Korea, the naming requirements document draft that the
naming design team in OGSA developed, and a revised charter.

Andrew Grimshaw