[ogsa-wg] RE: GRIDtoday Edition: Tony Hey: 'Challenging Times for GGF & Standards'

Frank Siebenlist franks at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 15:23:27 CST 2005

Savas Parastatidis wrote:

>Dear Frank,
>
>Please note that the argument is not on whether library support for WSRF
>can or cannot be built on any platform. If you read the message from
>Dave Berry it refers to a statement which has been made in the past that
>WSRF-specific libraries are not necessary if support for WS-Addressing
>support exists. This is what my message was about. You seem to have
>missed that part of my argument.

Your arguments seem kind of "fluid" ... sorry if I missed the right one.

So then your only reason to "argue" was to point out that support
libraries are needed to code and implement wsrf-based applications on
the .NET platform .... sounds like a truly profound observation that
should be seriously taken into consideration before anyone would support
the WSRF platform.... ;-)

-Frank.

Frank Siebenlist               franks at mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory