[ogsa-wg] Profile definition v13

Tom Maguire tmaguire at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 23 11:56:22 CDT 2005

Yeah, I get it now.  Checking on the history and starting internal
discussions.

Tom

Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
the ability to comprehend them halves”

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture

Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com> wrote on 06/23/2005 12:26:08 PM:

> Tom,
>
> Have you read the IBM license for WS-Security
> (http://www.ibm.com/ibm/licensing/977Q/2112.shtml). Apache will not
> sign this license as-is. I can email you the details of our objections
> to this license if you want me to. The concerns are VERY similar to
> the concerns Apache had for sender-id
> (http://www.apache.org/foundation/docs/sender-id-position.html). If
> you read the IBM license (or Microsoft's) you will see that it is next
> to impossible for an open source project to comply to the license
> requirements.
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>
> On 6/23/05, Tom Maguire <tmaguire at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > It is unclear to me after reading through the threads what is the
license
> > issue.
> >
> > Tom
> >

> > Frey's Law: "Every 5 years the number of architecture components double
and
> > the ability to comprehend them halves"
> >

> > Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
> > there is nothing left to take away. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
> >

> > T o m M a g u i r e
> >

> > STSM, On Demand Architecture
> >

> > Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
> >

> >              Steve Loughran
> >              <steve_loughran at h
> >              pl.hp.com>
> >              Sent by:                  ogsa-wg <ogsa-wg at gridforum.org>
> >              owner-ogsa-wg at ggf
cc
> >              .org                      davanum at gmail.com

Subject
> >                                        Re: [ogsa-wg] Profile definition
> >              06/23/2005 08:23          v13
> >              AM
> >

> > Andreas Savva wrote:
> > > I've uploaded v13 of the Profile definition. This includes a lot of
> > > edits from Jem and from the review done in the last (yesterday) call.
> > >

> > https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/draft-ggf-
> ogsa-profile-definition/en/13
> >

> > One little troublespot with the profile is that unless IBM and
Microsoft