[ogsa-wg] OGSA-MWS-BOF at GGF14 on Tues June 28, noon-1:30

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Jun 22 10:56:32 CDT 2005

I want to clarify this ...

Yes, composability is certainly important, both with regard to the
specifications/standards as well as the profiles.

With regard to composability of *profiles*, everyone agrees that WS-I BP 1.1
supports composability, and WS-I "Simple SOAP Binding Profile 1.0" and WS-I
"Attachments Profile 1.0" support composability, but no one would attempt to
layer WS-I "Simple SOAP Binding Profile 1.0" onto WS-I "Attachments Profile
1.0" (or the other way around). So they're not "composable" in this sense.

I see an analogous situation for some (all?) "OGSA Profiles" -- particularly
the WSRF Profile and any potential profile coming out of this BOF.

Note that you might say that a WSRF profile could layer on a "WS-I OGSA
Profile", but then I would question the very existence/purpose of this "WS-I
OGSA Profile" (as it would seem to add no functionality above WS-I Basic
Profile 1.1 and WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.0).

-- Marty

Marty Humphrey
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science